Tuesday, August 30, 2011

8/8/2011: There's something about those "double" numbers:

On August 8th, I went in for a full pregnancy panel (bloodwork) and a full bladder for the ultrasound. I had a really cool ultrasound tech. She was moving the Doppler all across my lower stomach and she sings out, "I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOUUUU!" Well, me, thinking she is just being funny, is thinking she's going to say, "You're pregnant". INSTEAD................ she says, "YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I felt as if I levitated off the bed, snapped my head to the larger patient screen, and screamed, "WHAT?!?!!?" Then I saw them there, clear as day! I got to hear their heartbeats too!! I measured at 8w, right on schedule. Baby A's heartbeat was 186 and Baby B's heartbeat was 168. Both within PERFECT range for their age range.
The babies are in their own separate sacs. They are not identical.
Then she did the internal wand sonogram. That was really neat. Plus I had to have an empty bladder to do that one, which I didn't mind at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment